The Canadian Mennonite University is honored to help talented and excellent applicants achieve their academic goals. Applicants from both domestic and international countries are encouraged to apply for one or more graduate scholarships in Canada for the academic year 2022/23.
To begin the application process, applicants must first download the Scholarship/Bursary Application Form and submit it by May 31 for the fall semester and November 15 for the winter semester for one or more of the mentioned awards.
Canadian Mennonite University’s profile:
Canadian Mennonite Institution is a private Mennonite university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, that was founded in 1999. CMU provides four bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with majors in 19 topics and pre-professional studies in about 26.
Criteria for selection:
Applicants must be accepted into a GSTM program at CMU.
Applicants must be employed full-time during the award year. A minimum of 18 credit hours is required for full-time status throughout the academic year, with a minimum of 6 credit hours in each of the fall and winter semesters.
The Graduate Studies Scholarship/Bursary Application at CMU must be completed. Returning students must also submit a reference and complete a supplemental form that includes two short essays.
Benefits and Requirements:
- Each full-tuition scholarship covers the whole academic year’s tuition. It does not cover tuition, lodging and board, books, or any other expenses.
- For Canadian citizens or permanent residents, there are four awards available. International students are eligible for one award (including US students).
- Full-tuition scholarships are given for one year. They do not automatically renew, but students can apply each year for a full-tuition award for up to three years.
- Academic achievement, financial necessity, and the scholarship criteria are all taken into account while evaluating applications.
- External financing, such as a Canada Graduate Scholarship or a Research Manitoba Award, can be used in conjunction with full-tuition awards. A full-tuition award can be used in conjunction with another award, but not simultaneously.
- A full-tuition scholarship can be held in conjunction with a Sheep and Goats Bursary, but not simultaneously.
- Courses done outside of CMU will not be covered by full-tuition scholarships.
Contact the Financial and Student Services Advisor at [email protected] for further information.
- CMU International Student Bursary
- Jacob A. Rempel Memorial Scholarship
- Carole Louise Sawatzky Seminary/Graduate Studies Bursary
- EMC Graduate Studies Bursary
- The John and Katie Friesen Bursary for Pastoral Ministry
- The Nicholas and Tina Fransen Scholarship
- The Victor Schroeder Memorial Scholarship
- The Portage Mennonite Church Leadership Scholarship
- Dr. Gerhard Lohrenz Bursary
- William and Helen Klassen Student Ministry Scholarship
- Gordon and Nettie Dueck Biblical Studies Bursary for International Students
- The Jacob and Sara Schroeder Practical Theology Scholarship
- Elizabeth Buckland Memorial Scholarship
- International Mennonite Women in Ministry Leadership Bursary
- Sheep and Goats – MDS Service Bursary
- The Timothy Chiu Chen Seminary Scholarship
- H.W. Redekopp Scholarship in Theology
- Arthur & Helen Rempel Peacebuilding Bursary
- Gary and Patricia Rempel Peacebuilding Scholarship