Everything you need to know about the Microsoft Research PhD. Fellowship in USA for 2022-2023
With the advancement in technology, more and more people are taking interest in computing. However, it is not easy to easily display your talent anywhere. People can think of you as good, but not the best. Additionally, Ph.D. Living in the United States is a dream for many, and many circumstances prevent people from doing so. But if you think you have the talent to execute things right, the Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship in USA awaits you in 2022/2023.
This article is going to show everything you need to know about Microsoft Research PhD. Fellowship in USA for 2022/2023.
What is Microsoft Research Ph.D. All about fellowship?
Microsoft Research Ph.D. The fellowship is supposed to be a global program that not only recognizes but also certifies individuals with exemplary talent in the field of computing research.
Microsoft understands computing diversity and seeks to grow the talent pipeline by acquiring advanced degrees in computing-related fields so that it can build a powerful and robust computing-related research community.
Currently, Ph.D. Fellowships are being offered in the USA, Canada, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, New Zealand, Australia and Latin America.
PHD. Benefits of the Fellowship:
The Microsoft Research Ph.D. Some popular benefits of The fellowship is discussed below:
- $15,000 is being offered through Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship to help carry out research as part of doctoral thesis work for the academic year 2022/2023.
- Qualified candidates will be given a 12-week paid internship with MARI (Microsoft Africa Research Institute).
- Candidates will be allowed to establish relationships with the research teams at Microsoft and get the right mentorship.
Microsoft Research Ph.D. Criteria for Fellowships:
If you are interested in joining Microsoft to showcase your talents and get the best training from Microsoft experts, make sure you are properly aligned with the below criteria:
- Microsoft’s mission is to promote every organization and every individual on the planet so that they can realize their full potential. This mission needs to be supported by scholars, and they should welcome opportunities to promote inclusive and diverse cultures within communities.
- Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship scholars need to be registered in any of the universities in Africa.
- The research proposed by the candidates must be closely related to one of the Mari disciplines mentioned below:
(I) AI/ML/NLP/Data Science: Data is often biased and scarce in many useful applications. Understanding how to operate under such settings and then produce positive results has a powerful impact on many practical problems. It gives an in-depth understanding of the learning data. Knowing how to work efficiently with data boundaries is essential for everything from practical applications such as NLP to interpreting generalization and fairness of results and improving understanding of probability with the rest of the data for a particular problem.
(ii) Health: Developments in ML and AI allow us to bridge the gap in the delivery and access of top-notch health care for every individual. Thus, it is important to understand and explore the places where technology can serve as a boon and range from helping physicians achieve their role effectively to bridging the gaps between patients and services. can fill the gap. Technology can enhance delivery and make quality healthcare accessible to all.
(iii) sustainabilityMicrosoft’s dedication to sustainability will be achieved through: using AI and the cloud to model the way we supervise, and ultimately help solve environmental problems. At MARI, analytics and AI are being applied to understand and develop solutions that address sustainability challenges. If you are enrolled in an African university and have a Ph.D. Welcome to a program focusing on sustainability in AI, ML, statistics, or any allied field.
(iv) human computer interactionIndividuals at HCI are being sought to explore design and utility questions in the areas of society, sustainability and health. Briefly, HCI interns conduct and lead research studies, literature reviews, design interventions and usability studies.
- Students are required to enter the second year or later of their Ph.D. Program between August 2022 – July 2023 and authorized leave of absence, transfer, or other must be considered.
- PHD. Students are required to remain registered with the University at the beginning of the academic year 2023 or need to forfeit the award. If you need to leave during the period, this may affect the award.
- The award will be paid directly to the University, and will be distributed based on the University’s policies. Microsoft will have full control of the funds.
- Funding can only be used during the recipient’s time in the Ph.D. Program. Individuals interested in obtaining this fellowship should ensure their starting month and year of Ph. programs with their expected year and month of graduation.
- Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowships must be disciplined and require forfeiture of funds for inappropriate behavior, harassment, prejudice, or plagiarism.
- PHD. Scholars who wish to present their proposals must be able to speak and write in English.
If you want to promote your Ph. Career in Computing, Microsoft Research Ph.D. Fellowship is a great opportunity for you. At the same time, you need to do your best to cooperate with the program policies and maintain decorum and be a successful candidate receiving training from the best Microsoft experts.