A Warehouse worker is an expert who forms an integral element of any company which stores and processes the orders of its customers or goods. They are responsible for the receiving and processing of stock that is received, picking orders from warehouse stock, and overseeing the warehouse stock.
What Are the Job Duties of a warehouse Worker?
Warehouse workers are responsible for various daily tasks like replenishing shelves, receiving incoming orders, packing and processing orders, keeping track of inventory, and making sure orders are delivered promptly.
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation, and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you’ll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
UPS is currently looking for Part-time Warehouse Package Handlers at our Mississauga location. $17.80 per hour. They are responsible for the loading, unloading, sorting, and scanning of packages in the center.
- Job Classifications: Part-time Warehouse
- Job Type: Permanent/Hourly
- Job Location: 6500 Silver Dart Drive, Mississauga, ON L5P 1B1
- Workdays: Monday – Friday (must be able to work all 5 days)
- Scheduled Shift: 7:30 pm to11:00 pm 3-5 hours per shift; about 25-30 hours per week
- Category: Warehouse Operations
- Ability to lift to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
- Employees are required to pull Air Cans (weight can vary between 1000 to 5000 LBS)
- Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks, or similar equipment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding, and temperature changing warehouse environment
- For aviation security reasons, a 5-year international background check will be conducted by UPS during the hiring process as per Transport Canada guidelines.
- Full training provided
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Peak Pay rate $17.80 per hour (Base Pay $15.00 and Hourly Bonus $2.80)
- Guaranteed wage progression up to $25.01 per hour
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Group insurance and pension benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free onsite parking
- Tuition reimbursement up to $2000 per semester plus $300 reimbursement for books (conditions apply)
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Primary Location: MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – Canada
Job ID R22000157
Date posted 03/03/2022
Zip Code L5P 1B1
Republished by Blog Post Promoter